Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.

West Mersea Bowls Club

2019 Club Facilities - Improvements

In my report at the AGM I promised to keep you up to date with our planned improvements and the following represents the current position.

1. Carpets –work on the carpeting around the entrances, rink, corridor and office will start on the 7th May 2019 and take 3 days to complete.
  2. Heating, thermostats etc. – the work is planned to start on the 1st July 2019 and will take up to 10 days.
  3. Lighting above rinks – the work will start on the 8th July 2019 and again will take up to 10 days.

All the contractors involved have agreed to keep disruption to members to an absolute minimum but there can be no doubt that some disruption is inevitable especially during the fitting of the lighting above the rinks during which time our indoor rinks will need to close.

Members may be assured that your trustees and club officials will do all possible to minimise any effect on your indoor bowling activities ( outdoor bowling will not be affected) and it is anticipated that access and entry to the club will be possible at all times but on occasions there may be entry restrictions meaning that you may need to use a different entrance to gain access. Any such restrictions will be clearly marked.

By the very nature of their work contractors tools and equipment will at times be located within and around the club and members are asked to be especially careful when visiting/using the facilities during the above times.

There will need to be some preparation work prior to the work outlined such as the movement of furniture and office equipment and if anyone can spare some time to help this would be greatly appreciated. In the first instance please contact – Ian Wingar.

It would also be nice to give the corridor walls and ceilings etc. a coat of paint and again if you are able to help please in first instance contact – Colin Sargeant.

Whilst everyone will do their utmost to keep to the above timetables if it becomes necessary to change any timings a note will be put on the notice boards and website in good time prior to the change.

Brian Johnson

Chairman – trustees                                                                                      10th April 2019.